Guide to CBD Balms
What Is CBD Balm?
Oral CBD products such as CBD oil drops and CBD capsules release CBD directly into the bloodstream. That’s perfect for ingestion of CBD, but it may not be ideal if you want to use CBD for a specific muscle group or area of the skin. If you want to use CBD in a way that targets a specific area of the body, CBD balm is the ideal solution for you.
How Does CBD Balm Work?
When you rub the balm into your skin, you’ll feel the moisturising effect right away as the balm works to renew your skin’s elasticity and moisture while promoting turnover of dead skin cells – but that’s just where the magic begins. CBD can absorb through the skin, reaching the muscles and tendons under the area in which you use it.
What Is CBD Balm Used For?
Any time you think that a little CBD might help your skin, muscles, tendons or joints, that’s a perfect opportunity for using a CBD balm. We have a few suggestions to get you started!
- Mix a little CBD balm with a carrier such as grapeseed oil to make a relaxing massage oil with the added benefits of CBD. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to increase the calming effect.
- Rub some CBD balm on your feet after a long day of work.
- Rub some CBD balm on your elbows or knees when you experience joint soreness.
- Rub some CBD balm on your muscles after a strenuous workout.
- Rub some CBD balm on the back of your neck after a long day spent in front of the computer
How Quickly Does CBD Balm Take Effect?
Some people report feeling effects within minutes of rubbing transdermal CBD balm on problem areas. If you’re using CBD for a longstanding issue however, we suggest using the balm for up to a week before deciding whether it’s right for you.