Why has CBD become so popular?
At CBD Porter, we think it’s fair to say that CBD has blown up big over the past 12 months, and it’s easy to see why when you take a little look at some of its potential benefits and uses.
If you frequently research alternative methods for treating ailments and illnesses, then you’ve probably seen CBD suggested a lot. This fascinating cannabinoid has taken the medical and science fields by storm and the momentum doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon. As more people become aware of natural and alternative measures to treating medical conditions, among the many supplements and herbal remedies out there, CBD has made its way to the top of the list. With millions of pounds worth of CBD products sold in the last year, one must wonder what makes this natural resource so popular?
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid derived from the resin, leaves or flowering tops of two forms of the cannabis plant which includes marijuana and hemp. Unlike THC which is also found in marijuana plants, CBD is non-psychoactive. High levels of cannabidiol are found in the hemp plant, and which has only trace amounts of THC (below 0.3%). Its oil-like makeup makes it ideal to put in products ranging from CBD gummy bears and coffee granules to salves and creams.
What Are the Benefits?
So why are millions of consumers indulging in CBD products these days? The following well reported facts and benefits may just explain its growing popularity:
- You Don’t Get High – As mentioned previously, although CBD and THC both come from the cannabis plant, CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning you can’t get ‘high’ from it as you would if you smoked a joint of marijuana. Since there are not any high effects from consuming this product, it can be used by anyone of any age, at any time with zero consequences.
- Its Legal – It still remains illegal to possess, distribute, sell or grow Cannabis in the UK. However, by contrast, the sell and use of CBD products is completely legal. This means that consumers can purchase and take CBD without fear of breaking the law.
- Holistic Treatment – More people are turning away from pharmacy medication and looking for alternative natural measures for treating and maintaining their health. The idea of using the healing properties of plants has become an increasingly popular concept in recent times. As CBD is created without the use of chemicals or heat, it provides a very natural method for treating a plethora of health issues without the side effects often caused by prescribed medications.
- Promotes Emotional Balance – Mental health problems have also been on the rise in the UK in recent years. For people who suffer from symptoms like anxiety, paranoia, or other mental illnesses such as depression, finding a means of relief is vital. Though more patients are speaking up and getting professional help nowadays, that help tends to come in the form of taking medication. Those looking for an alternative solution have sought CBD, as it has chemical properties that help to rebalance the mind and body. As it interacts with receptors in the brain it generates activity in the limbic and paralimbic areas which help control mood.
- Relieves Pain – One of the most common reasons that people turn to CBD products is its ability to relieve pain. Once in the bloodstream, CBD interacts with receptors in the body that help to reduce inflammation which is a key trigger for pain. Those suffering from cancer, arthritis, menstrual cramps, and other painful ailments have found that regularly using CBD products helps to keep pain at bay.
- Fight Cancer – There has been an increasing amount of research on CBD and its effect on cancer patients. Although most research is still in pre-clinical trial stages, researchers have found that CBD has the ability to kill tumour cells and/or prevent them from spreading.
- Better Sleep – There are a number of reasons why a person might have a difficult time getting to sleep. Some of the most common are stress, anxiety, and pain. As you read above, CBD can be used to treat all of these conditions, therefore, eliminating the core cause of many people’s restlessness.
The Future for CBD
According to Forbes, Cannabidiol sales are projected to increase by 700% no later than the year 2020. Research from the UK’s Cannabis Trades Association found the number of CBD oil users doubled in 2017, and now sits over 250,000 regular users. Cannabidiol has also been named one of the fastest growing industries in the United Kingdom.
It’s certainly clear that consumers are catching on to this super compound found in the marijuana and hemp plant. Its healing properties are plentiful and research currently continues to discover even more. As more people look to put good into their bodies as a means of truly healing and extending their life expectancy, CBD Porter are confident that the popularity of CBD will continue to increase.
If you’re suffering from any of the ailments listed above, why not take a look at the impressive range of high quality CBD products we offer here at CBD Porter. It may just be the natural alternative that you’re looking for in effectively treating your symptoms.